Jeff Katz, Academic Services Coordinator
Ana Rizo, College and Career Pathways Advisor
College Application Process
If you have not taken classes at a Community College before, you will need submit an application:
- Contra Costa College – Step 1: How to Apply – Step 2: Application PDF
- Diablo Valley College – Step 1: Application Process for High School Students – Step 2: CYBERCAMP Application PDF – Step 3: Diablo Valley College Career Academies
- Solano Community College – apply here
- Napa Valley College – apply here
Additional information can be found on the sidebar. You may also see your Academic Advisor in J1 for available classes and special admissions forms.
To look up classes online:
- Solano Community College – link
- SCC Special Admissions Form – link
- Napa Valley College – link
- NVC Special Admissions Form – link
Community Service is a 35-hour, four (4) semester requirement (140 total hours). Students will earn a Pass for each 35 hours that are completed. Students must turn in their tracking logs to the Ms. Claudia Basil in the main office during the school year in order to earn a Pass on their transcript.
Parents and students are reminded to log on to www.collegeboard.com and www.act.org to register for the SAT (Reasoning and Subject Tests) and ACT Tests. When you register for any of these tests, don’t forget to include the Mare Island Technology Academy School code: 053833
11th/12th grade students who qualify for free/reduced lunch or participants in the AVID program can receive up to 2 separate fee waivers per test. Students need to see Ms. Q in Room J for waivers, remember the early bird catches the worm.