Structured Study Support (SSS)
Concerned that your child is not engaging in online learning?
Need a safe place for your child to be when you’re busy or at work?
Want your child to have some social interaction with other students?
Consider GTA’s Structured Study Support!
- a study environment during school hours—helps students with focus and time management
- help with schoolwork—understanding the assignment, contacting the teacher, using tutor.com, requesting a tutor
- activity—lunchtime walks daily
- fun activities before and after school 7 a.m. to 8:15a.m. and 4:30-6:00p.m.—art, eSports, mentoring, community service activities; clubs—Anime, movie, etc.,
Hours: Monday through Friday in 2 sessions: 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 12:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Safety: Small classes (max 12), social distancing, masks required, air circulation fans, students/staff screening on entry, classroom & bathroom surfaces sanitized twice daily
Staff: A trained facilitator with each group of 12 or fewer students; administrator on campus.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and snack are all served in the classroom.
Attendance: Critically important; students missing >3 consecutive days may be eliminated.
Behavior standards: All normal school rules and COVID safety requirements are in effect.
Cost: FREE if your family is eligible for free or reduced priced meals. If you haven’t applied for the meal program, it’s easy to do; just go to https://www.nlappscloud.com, and I can help you if you would like. If your family is not eligible, there is a modest charge
Additional information re: costs. See fee-structure per student shown below for families.
- Siblings: Each sibling will be given a 20% discount.
- Cost for single session: If your child attends only a morning or an afternoon session, the amount is half of what is listed ($250 or $500).
- Partial attendance: If you only need the program for one or two days, you will still need to pay for the full amount. If a partial program is needed, students will likely be dropped for other families who need it five days a week.
- Refunds: Any student who is removed from SSS will be refunded a prorated amount.
- No drop-ins: This is not a drop-in/drop-out program but a fully structured program.
*Enroll: * Families may sign-up for the program by clicking this link: link provided https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdav4xS0Ec9oo8weJ5u91ltFGdZ0MzvwaWlVwgMe6zp7dEovw/viewform