COVID-19 Resources for Parents
We’ve gathered resources regarding COVID-19 and children in order to help support you and your children at this time. As always, your family doctor is the best source of information when it comes to your child’s health.
- KidsHealth and Nemours Children’s Health System – Nemours is a nonprofit children’s health system. Neil Izenberg, MD, a physician at Nemours, founded KidsHealth.org in 1995. Their goal is to help parents, kids, and teens take charge of their health.
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Teach your child how and when to wash their hands!
How to Wash Hands
- With hands out of the water stream, rub hhands together vigorously until soapy lather appears and continue for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Rub areas between fingers, around nail beds, under fingernails and jewelry, and on back of hands. (“Happy Birthday” and “Row Row Row Your Boat” each take about 10 seconds to sing. For 20 seconds, sing the song twice, or sing the A-B-C song from beginning to end once.)
- Rinse hands under running water until free of soap and dirt. If the water does not automatically shut off, leave the water running while drying hands.
- Dry hands with a clean, disposable paper towel, single use cloth towel, or safe warm-air hand-drying device. If taps did not turn off automatically, turn taps off with a disposable paper towel or single-use cloth towel
When to Seek Medical Attention (from the CDC)
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.